When it comes to Mexican food, you’ll never go wrong with enchiladas. Whether you’re looking for a quick hangover cure or you simply want something tasty for afternoon snacks, an enchilada is a perfect choice to satisfy your cravings.
Check out some of the best enchilada recipes that resemble those of famous Mexican restaurants in Alexandria, VA:
- Avocado Black Bean Enchiladas. Need a tasty and healthy snack? There’s no need to worry! These green enchiladas have the best ingredients to add some protein and healthy fats to your meal. Served with a little bit of margarita sauce, seasoned black beans, and avocado toppings, this dish has become a popular choice for many fitness enthusiasts.
- Cheesy Enchilada Salad with Cilantro Dressing. If you love extra cheese on your green salad, this is a must-try. On top of the creamy cheese fillings, this enchilada is served with fresh lettuce drizzled with organic herbal sauce and lemon zest.
- Beer Mole Chicken Enchiladas. Prepare yourself to experience the strong flavors of this enchilada. The combination of tendered chicken, fresh leafy greens, and beer mole is just perfect for your taste buds. Some authentic restaurants even serve it with charcoaled chocolate sauce to match the mole’s flavor.
- Chicken Enchilada Pizza. It’s usually served with cilantro leaves, shredded chicken, and your all-time favorite peperoni—dip it with special salsa sauce, even the biggest pizza lovers cannot get enough of this local Mexican dish.
- Non-Baked Veggie Enchiladas. The best thing about enchiladas is they’re easy to prepare and you can always make them healthier. This non-baked veggie enchilada is one of the top choices for vegetarians. Just toss some vinaigrette or put a little salsa sauce on top for some extra flavors.
- Potato, Poblano, and Chard Enchiladas. Looking for something to satisfy cravings? This carbo-loaded enchilada should be enough. You can have those potatoes mashed or just simply boil them and sprinkle with some cilantro leaves, and you’re ready to go!
These are just some of the popular Mexican enchiladas that will satisfy your taste buds. There are many other recipes you may discover; you can even create your own dish. So, put on your apron and prepare your kitchen for a cooking adventure.