Vol. 1: Origins premiered in July, 2011. 15 contributions were feautred on a rolling basis throughout the month. As a nod to Ink Well’s own humble beginnings, we asked contributors to explore what the concept of “origins” meant to them on a personal level.
Maybe you’re envisioning a piece about beginnings—and endings, too. Maybe it’s a work that explores a moment in history. Ancestry. Inception. Dawn. Death. Square One. What inspires you?
A big thanks to everyone who shared their work for the inaugural issue.
- Aaron Schraeter, "Twisted Body"
- Colin Ruel, "Ch-Changes"
- Clare Rosean, "Cosmic Speck"
- Eric Rosner, "To The Moon"
- Cassandra Ericson, "Residuum"
- Joseph “Yolk” Chiocchi, "Rocks Underwater"
- Layla Sola, "Orange Moon in the Milky Way"
- Jina Wallwork, “Cells Divide”
- Camille Swift, “L’escargot aux yeux écarquillés”
- Audrey Schlofner, "Earthquake"