Vol. 2: Bon Voyage premiered in August, 2011. The goal of this issue was to let our 14 contributors explore the motifs of travel and being away from home: homesickness, loneliness, distance, a sense of adventure, survival, disaster/fiascos, culture shock, diversity, multiculturalism, the unknown…and so on. You will not find any awesome spring break stories or beachy vacation photos in this eclectic mix, however.
Thank you to all of the talented artists and writers that shared their work with us.
- Samantha Salazar, “Viscera”
- Jon Zajac, “Go”
- Meghan Skwarek, “In Limbo”
- Rebecca Standig, “Post-Apocalypse Ocean”
- Subhra Bhattacharya, “Otherworlds”
- Jordan Brooks, “The View”
- Lailani Africa, “7 Seas” [song]
- Heather Ellis, “The Vine and the Branch”
- Brent Dragoo, “Pino Suarez”
- Jessica Echevarria, “Don’t Lose Grip”